Thursday, January 25, 2007

Snow!

As if you didn't notice already, but it snowed here in Missouri over the weekend. We had two "oh crap" snow moments - one where I got the truck stuck in the snow at 11pm on Saturday night (a snowplow kindly saved us) and one where we tried to shovel our gravel-y-driveway and realized we would be there for the rest of our lives (another snowplow kindly saved us). And two "oh crap" moments are not bad for January in Missouri, considering that part of my family had no power for 24 hours.

Needless to say, the boys LOVED the snow. And by loved, I mean that they wanted to spend every waking moment outside in it. I actually took them sledding BY MYSELF and anyone who knows me will tell you that is a major accomplishment because I don't like to be outside, period. I don't like to be cold. I don't like to be wet. I don't like to get sweaty walking back up long, snow/ice covered hills. I don't like to lug things, like children, up long snow/ice covered hills. But I'm a mommy. And I have two boys. And those two boys apparently like nature, so I have to go along with it. B has warned me that there is much camping in my future. But we'll just see about that.

No comments: