Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Measure of a Man

We're on our third snow day in a row here in Kansas City. The first day was actual snow, but yesterday and today are because of sub-zero temperatures. Do you think that might deter two 7-year-old boys who want to go sledding? Of course not.

Snow Day

So the three of us bundle up from head to toe in our winter gear - boots, hats, gloves, gators, snow pants, and even ski goggles. Seriously. I know I've said this before, but being a mom of boys has certainly forced me out of my girly comfort zone.

As we traversed the huge snow piles on the way to our sledding hill yesterday, the boys made a few fast daredevil runs down a short hill, crashing into the snow pile at the bottom and nearly crushing their little faces. As I squealed in fear, watching Nathan crash yet again, Jack told me very calmly, "Geesh Mom, we're men - we're tough."

I guess I'll have to just get over it...

No comments: