Thursday, September 28, 2006

For the Boys

Without a doubt, I love having boys. I never in a million years thought that would be something I would ever say. I always pictured having three girls, thinking I would never have the wherewithal to manage a passel of males around the house. Finding out in Week 19 that we would have not one but two tiny boys in our home was quite a shock. My first feeling was terror in being outnumbered. Quite the opposite has proven to be the case. Instead of being overruled by the majority, I find that the three males in the house are mystified by my gender demands and the excuse of needing "me time" is quite well received. They love to do guy things together and are very happy to leave me out of it - or least on the sidelines, taking photos.

Then there are the times when I get the two shorter male-persons to experience their own feminine side. This photo is going up as one of my all-time favorites:



I love how I captured N laughing at J as if acknowledging what a dork he is, not realizing he looks equally ridiculous. Because isn't that what men are all about? Making fun of their friends while doing the exact same thing?

They did try on other Halloween items which looked equally awesome on them. N was first:




Then J:




They really are great sports - and quite fashion-conscious as well. A nice balance between the two...

No comments: